Friday, August 23, 2013

Books Reach Remote Village in Ghana


Reader to Reader gets books to some of the most isolated locations in the world. Here is one wonderful example from our work in Ghana.

Dear Sir or Madam, I am an American working in Ghana, West Africa. I was just looking at your website and was very impressed. I have a close friend who is teaching school in a very rural village. She teaches 60 children by herself. She is teaching at the kindergarten level but some of the kids in her class are 12 or 13 as they haven't had a chance to attend school until now. The village has no electricity or running water and the children know nothing of the world outside. My friend expressed the need for some good children's books to help motivate her children to learn to read and to give them more of a feel for what the rest of the world is like. I was wondering if you would consider donating books so that we could set up a library for this school. Please consider our request for this very needy situation.

I appreciate your time. If you need any more information about me or the school in question please let me know.
Sincerely,
Maria

We sent a wide variety of subjects and age ranges.


We are so glad the books are being enjoyed. We are now working on our second shipment of books for this village.

No comments: