Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Cheers for Bettina!

We received a wonderful email from Bettina Kinlichinie, a graduate of our Navajo Mentoring Program. In 2008, Bettina traveled with a group of Navajo students to Amherst for a week of exploration of college life and careers. She also spent three years doing outstanding work in our online mentoring program. Her email highlights the lasting impact of this program.

Hello Mr. Mazor,

This is Bettina Kinlichinie from Navajo Pine High School. I was just looking at the Reader to Reader website and found the blog article about our trip there. Brought back a lot of fond memories. I cannot believe it has been so long since then!

I'm just writing to give you another thank you. As the months passed after visiting Massachusetts, I began to read a whole lot more. Actually now, because of my extensive reading, my new college career seems just a bit easier. I can comprehend the material I am reading from the textbooks.

Just to catch you up, I graduated from Navajo Pine as the valedictorian, was awarded the Chief Manuelito Scholarship, and accepted into Arizona State University. I'm studying agribusiness science (pre-veterinary).

Thank you again and forever more for making my educational goals possible.

Gratefully,

Bettina


Congratulations Bettina, we are so proud of you, and we know you will be a big success in college!

No comments: