The third phase of the Navajo Nation Book Drive has begun. Our last shipment of 13,000 books and 11 computers has arrived in Window Rock, Arizona and we are now collecting for our next shipment.
Here are details on how you can contribute:
The Navajo Nation Library Book Drive is collecting 100,000 books and 100 computers for the Navajo Nation Library. To date we have donated 25,000 books and 20 computers. The Navajo Nation Library serves the 27,000 sq. mile Navajo Nation in Arizona, New Mexico and Utah.
Please help us by following these guidelines.
1. Books should be in very good or excellent condition. (Books on Native-American subjects will be accepted in any condition).
2. Books on the subject of medicine or health should be no older than 4 years old.
3. CDs and DVDs accepted. No records, VHS or cassette tapes.
4. No magazines.
5. No textbooks.
6. No encyclopedias.
7. Donations of more than 10 boxes of books at a time should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make storage space arrangements.
8. People interested in donating computers should first contact us at email@example.com before making the donation. All computer donations must be pre-approved.
Books should be shipped to:
Navajo Nation Book Drive
Reader To Reader, Inc.
Cadigan Center – 38 Woodside Ave.
Amherst, MA 01002