The second phase of the Navajo Nation Library Book Drive has begun.
The first shipment of 12,000 books and 10 computers shipped in early November to the Navajo Nation Library in Window Rock, Arizona.
68 boxes have already been collected and sorted for another shipment of books that will take place this spring.
The Navajo Nation Library Book Drive is collecting 100,000 books and 100 computers for the Navajo Nation Library. The library serves the 27,000 sq. mile Navajo Nation in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
It is not too late to donate books to the book drive. Please help us by following these guidelines.
1. Books should be in very good or excellent condition. (Books on Native-American subjects will be accepted in any condition).
2. Books on the subject of medicine or health should be no older than 4 years old.
3. CDs and DVDs accepted. No records, VHS or cassette tapes.
4. No magazines.
5. No textbooks.
6. No encyclopedias.
7. Donations of more than 10 boxes of books at a time should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make storage space arrangements.
8. People interested in donating computers should first contact us at email@example.com before making the donation. All computer donations must be preapproved.
Books should be shipped to:
Navajo Nation Book Drive
Reader To Reader, Inc.
Cadigan Center – 38 Woodside Ave.
Amherst, MA 01002