Our Navajo Nation Library Book Drive continues to grow thanks to the generosity of donors from across the country.
Pictured is Reader to Reader’s Kathryn Libby with some of the 220 boxes that will be part of the first shipment of books at the end of October to the Navajo Nation Library in Window Rock, Arizona.
Special thanks this week to the Mystery Writers of America and the League of Women Voters of Northampton, MA for all the books they have contributed.
The Navajo Nation Library Book Drive is collecting 100,000 books and 100 computers for the Navajo Nation Library. The library serves the 27,000 sq. mile Navajo Nation in Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah.
It is not too late to donate books to the book drive. Please help us by following these guidelines.
1. Books should be in very good or excellent condition. (Books on Native-American subjects will be accepted in any condition).
2. Books on the subject of medicine or health should be no older than 4 years old.
3. CDs and DVDs accepted. No records, VHS or cassette tapes.
4. No magazines.
5. No textbooks.
6. No encyclopedias.
7. Donations of more than 10 boxes of books at a time should first contact us at email@example.com so we can make storage space arrangements.
8. People interested in donating computers should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before making the donation. All computer donations must be preapproved.
Books should be shipped to:
Navajo Nation Book Drive
Reader To Reader, Inc.
Cadigan Center – 38 Woodside Ave.
Amherst, MA 01002
For further information contact email@example.com
Thank you for helping to make the Navajo Nation Library Book Drive a success!